Öckerö FRITIDSGÅRD
Hello everyone! I will try as best as possible to tell you my great experience as a volunteer in Sweden! All this along with photos of anecdotes
:-) First short introduction: My name is Abi, I just turned 28 and I live in Marseille. Hobbies: Music, Sports and Entertainment;)
I did my volunteering Öckerö for 10 months! (Pronounced "EUCKéREU")! Believe me this is not the only difficult word to pronounce in Swedish! So Öckerö is an island that lies off the coast of Gothenburg, the second largest city after Stockholm. The island, located only one hour from Gothenburg and is part of an archipelago of nine islands and is its chief town Öckerö.
My home was at Hönö, neighboring island of Öckerö connected by a bridge. By bike, it was only 15 minutes from my host organization. I had my apartment under the house of my head. It was very spacious and it was 5 minutes walk from the beach! When I arrived, I could not believe my eyes it was so beautiful!
Now, a presentation of my host organization.
I did my volunteering Öckerö Fritidsgard. It is a center for young people (between 12 and 17 years). This recreation center is located in a college called Brattebergskollan. My mission was, with the help of my tutor and my other colleagues (7 people total) to create activities with youth. The center was open from 08h to 21h until 23h on weekdays and on weekends. Young people could come after school in the center to play pool, ping pong, video games, football, music or chat ... We also organized theme parties and concerts!
The first few days, I stayed 24/24 mouth open so I found this center very well structured and the staff so nice and open. : O I already seen pictures of the center before coming to their site but in reality is even more beautiful.
In the center, I realized several projects. First, I have given 2 times per week French course in college. When I told my friends that I should become a "teacher", they have a good laugh! On the one hand, I do not think that one day I step into the shoes of a teacher! And now that I've lived, I would never harm this profession :-) But AC was One of my best experiences I have had over two classes and I had carte blanche on the course! Marseille forced to one of the last course I taught them ... bocce! They loved it! Other projects: a small group of young boys, I created extra-curricular activities such as playing instruments or games on their own personality. I was also the guardian of a teenager with learning difficulties and extra education. Still a rewarding experience with this kid who has become like a little brother. Together, we made several trips like bowling or going to the game of football team Gothenburg. In addition, I taught him the battery! It became a little Dave Grohl now :-) (Dave Grohl = Ex Drummer Nirvana).
I still remember my first days at the center. Some young people were really shy with me ... I must say that Öckerö is an island that pretty withdrawn, that is to say they are a small community where everyone knows each other. They really asked who I was! Then be said that in the island, a person of color does not run the streets :-) But over time, we learned to discover and create a link for the least new to them. What surprised me, what some thought they were too poor in English to communicate with me! And believe me that their level was really good. Y 'it even a 13 year old boy who took over me on my mistakes in English ... 13 years! Yet I was not that bad! But the fact that they are virtually all bilingual always helped me.
Here are some photos of my students and some young French center.
This unique experience has not been possible without the support, assistance and friendship which was created with my tutor: Lasse! Was tired of someone always open and always ready to talk about his favorite football team: AIK Stockholm. The picture here in the first day we met and one of the last! You will notice a change in dress: I got it to become a fan of OM :-)!
Sweden, my AC was volunteering Öckerö but also the meetings that I could do in the city, Gothenburg. All weekend, I met my volunteer friends were in town for nightlife. Gothenburg is a lively city with lots of young people who love to party and are usually open. Good thing I like them. My favorite places were the pubs, several clubs but also weather, a huge park which was a nest of young people who met for a picnic or a barbecue and party. Some pictures of my friends and people I met could do in this town. The first pictures are my friends volunteers: Matthias, Samet and Yazan. The second is a picture of Swedish people who have become friends. Yes, I'm in good company :-). And the third is a picture taken at the famous park (which I do not remember the name) with friends Swedish. And the 4th photo was taken in a pub.
Now I'll tell you the qualities and defects, or more specifically Sweden and Gothenburg Öckerö:
QUALITIES: Clean Cities, great atmosphere, people are mostly bilingual ( Swedish + English), girls :-), parks, the island of Öckerö (a paradise), the seaside, trams and buses at all hours almost never late.
FAULTS very difficult language to learn, (the Swedish words that I have chosen base words "Hello = Hej" etc. ... and the words to flatter girls (you're pretty = Du är snyggt)! Not very serious I know :-)), the time (-10 degrees in February and March are still in my head) and very high prices. (Before leaving, he had almost done a credit! Okay I'm exaggerating, I'm from Marseille!)
In short, it's not just IKEA and Volvo ... :-) but cons, the legend is true blondes . Especially Öckerö: 90% of blond in my opinion! ^ ^
I could also tell you about my experience in Sweden with hundreds of pages so I experienced things in 10 months but it would be too I think! :-)
Since my return to France, I always hear from those I now consider as my second family: my friends volunteers (some remained permanently living in Sweden) and my colleagues in the youth center Öckerö . Soon, I will visit them ... I'm aching already ...
Thanks for reading and lively Sweden. Abi
So here a few photos of the center and Öckerö:
0 comments:
Post a Comment