She immediately liked the little white path that leads to the vines. It was one morning in spring 2007. The sun was shining above Saint Pargoire and stony ground crunched underfoot. Mylene Bru has
instantly felt at home amid the wilderness where the boxwood, lavender and heather come tu the vines. She left the sweet aromas tickle the nostrils, reminding him of childhood. And then, without thinking that she was so reluctant to embark, she could not resist these thirteen small terraces, drowned in the scrubland.
"It's a bit harsh, as it concedes the neo-grower. Moreover, they all told me I was crazy to buy here. Whether it would be too hard, too painful. In fact, we did not even turn up to a tractor! But these stocks, I have loved at first glance. It is a bit of everything: Carignan, Grenache, some Syrah, Cinsault, but also Tempranillo (a grape of Rioja nearby NDLA) of Marselan and even half a hectare of Chasselas. .. Finally, all this vegetation, it reassures me. Here, I feel protected. "
Since she left every morning its good town of Sete, its docks and its wine wine carrier immense, to work up there, where once there were only goats and sheep.
Two years of toil in the hard way, without water or electricity. With as a sponsor, from the first vintage, mildew and hail. And for all agricultural machine a small chase, and "wheelbarrow solo, ideal for work on such small spaces.
"I always dreamed of making wine," she says. The wine was a smell of childhood. The cellars of my two grandfathers in Corbières. Scents of old stones and fungus. The smell of soaking ... I grew up there with snacks where they mixed the wine a little wild lemonade scale. But the cellar, she seemed forbidden. It was a world of man, with large keys hanging from the huge doors. Inaccessible. It took me some time to plunge. Almost twenty years, actually! "The rest has been a matter of clicks ... And friendships. There was complicity Catherine Bernard, the first of two to have" dared ". And then Paul Reder , which now houses sheepfold Comberousse tanks Mylène,
It was necessary to tackle all those friends the first tests, anxiety and sleepless nights the first vintage. The question that sometimes comes upon him.
"It is true that I have not come back yet taken the plunge," she confesses. I say but wait, there ... what took you? How did you dare? And then I look around me, the vines, the winery open, without walls, without key ... And I tell myself that it exists. That's it. And there will be no turning back. "
In 2008, for his first vintage, it drew 5,000 bottles of his precious parcel: a surprising white Chasselas (!), A few hundred magnums of rose ( "a big girl like me ") and the very promising " Far West ", an alliance
Carignan, Grenache and Syrah that still astonishes:
Carignan, Grenache and Syrah that still astonishes: " I, who likes wine a little closed, that smell the stable, the wines of my childhood in fact ... I did exactly the opposite: a wine full of oxygen, very open! A wine without harshness, with hints of spice and flavor of cherry trees that grow all around ... But especially this little light grain that you rolling on the tongue. Sometimes, to taste it, I tell myself it's not very fashionable my wine ... But to me, I like it! "
And she laughed heartily, putting down the bottle she opened for you. "Because I do not know about wine without drinking it," joked it yet. And because Far West, she had a rough time for the win.
Mylène Bru and Coteaux du Languedoc will travel to Verchant, on the side of Castelnau-le-Lez, February 23 next to the tasting full South VindemesAmis.
0 comments:
Post a Comment